Water is a very scarce commodity and it should be everyone’s responsibility to use it responsibly. For years we have been sharing a multitude of devices that help us save water in our homes, often in a simple way. We are talking about a wide range of devices that will allow you to reduce water consumption, we share the most interesting ones;
- OrbSys shower. It saves 90% in water and 80% in energy.
- Aquareturn. Hot water without wasting cold water.
- Waterpebble. The Stone of Water.
- Urinal with built-in sink. Simple and effective.
- Washup. Washing machine-toilet.
- Eden Mist Shower.
- DREVAS: Energy Recovery Device for Sanitary Water Discharges.
- Tank cava. Ecological shower.
- Urimat. Ecological urinal without water consumption.
- AQUS® System. Water recycling system.
- W + W. Toilet that reuses the water from the sink.
- Echo Urinal.
- Smart bathroom. Reuse the water.
- ECO_DROP, an original way to save water in the shower.
- Drops. Save shower water.
- Sink, shower and toilet… all in one!
- Thermostatic taps.
- Eco-stop systems.
- Faucet aerators.
- Double discharge systems.
- Spherical bag, save water in the shower in the simplest way.
- Nebia, the shower of the future that reduces consumption by 70%.
- Mixer taps.
- SECCO. Eco friendly dry toilet.
- Altered: Nozzle achieves such an extreme reduction in consumption by atomising the liquid.
One project was funded by NASA and is currently used in their space expeditions.
The system is extremely efficient and simple: a closed circuit in which the hot water from the tap that goes to the drain, is instantly purified, turning into drinking water, this water is pumped back to flow out of the shower head., keeping the heat during the whole process.
2. Aquareturn. Hot water without wasting cold water.
Aquareturn is a small device no bigger than a brick and that installs quickly, five minutes without work. Its function is very simple, but at the same time very important, it takes care of not wasting the water while waiting for it to be at the right temperature to shower, wash hands or wash dishes.
3. Waterpebble. The Stone of Water.
Waterpebble is capable of reducing the average shower time to less than 6 minutes! With the remarkable savings that this can mean, after one year, in saving water and energy consumption.
4. Urinal with built-in sink. Simple and effective.
The idea is simple but very effective, use the water from washing your hands to clean the urinal.
A hybrid between washing machine and toilet to get us to consume less water.
6. Eden Mist Shower.
The Eden Mist shower, devised by New South Wales industrial designer Alemina Vranes, uses an aerator to turn water into fine droplets that cover the person in a mist. The sprinkler is height-adjustable with a heating system that converts microdroplets of water into steam when a hot shower is needed.
The heating of small droplets reduces the electricity required for its operation (when not using a gas heater). This shower uses only 1 liter of water per minute.
7. DREVAS: Energy Recovery Device for Sanitary Water Discharges.
It is a heat exchanger between the sanitary water discharges (hot circuit) and the inlet water (cold circuit), but with an important peculiarity: There is no possibility of contamination between the sanitary water discharges circuit and the drinking water .
8. Tank cava. Ecological shower.
As simple as recovering the water used in the shower and, after filtering it, using it to fill the toilet pond. This invention allows us to save up to 40% in the consumption of water in our bathrooms.
9. Urimat. Ecological urinal without water consumption.
The main characteristic of these urinals is that they work without water or chemicals. Its assembly is simple with minimal maintenance.
This system collects the water from the sink and, after filtering and disinfecting it, uses it to fill the toilet tank.
11. W + W. Toilet that reuses the water from the sink.
W + W reuses the water used in the washbasin to fill the toilet cistern, and has an automatic cleaning system that prevents bad odors and bacteria in the water, guaranteeing excellent quality. This technology saves water by reducing its consumption by 25%.
12. Echo Urinal.
This new bathroom manages to totally save water, since it takes advantage of the water used to wash hands for the bathroom. It would only work for men’s bathrooms, but in public places such as bars, sports venues, cinemas or airports it could save a lot of water.
13. Smart bathroom. Reuse the water.
The idea of this prototype is quite simple, reuse the water from the sink in the toilet.
14. ECO_DROP, an original way to save water in the shower.
This shower is somewhat unique and is designed to help us save water. Tommaso Colia came up with this idea: Why not make a shower with a floor that becomes more uncomfortable as we use water?
15. Drops. Save shower water.
System that consists of directing the water that is lost in the shower, bathtub, bidet or any other bathroom faucet, from when we open the hot water and it comes out cold, until it comes out hot and we start using it.
16. Sink, shower and toilet… all in one!
If we move the first layer to one side, we will have the toilet. And if we remove two strips, we will access the shower tray.
17. Thermostatic taps.
By presetting the desired temperature, you will not need to waste liters or energy to achieve the right temperature. Keep in mind that with a traditional faucet about 8 liters are spent to achieve the desired temperature, while with a thermostatic one only 2 liters are necessary. But that is not all! Thanks to its flow limiter, you can save between 20 and 50% of water. In addition, it is important that you take into consideration that the 38th temperature lock prevents burns.
18. Eco-stop systems.
They are those that allow you to stop the flow with just one gesture and restore it with the same temperature and flow. This way you will avoid wasting water, for example, while you are showering.
19. Aerators for taps.
They allow the water to be mixed with air reducing the flow, which will not mean that you have to reduce comfort or the feeling of quantity of water. Believe it or not, they will save you 50% water. If you consume about 12 liters with a hand wash, with this product you will only consume 6.
20. Double discharge systems.
You can choose between two different download volumes.
21. Spheric bag, save water in the shower in the simplest way.
A collapsible watering can that saves 3 liters of water per bag and what is not the least: it creates the habit of saving water!
22. Nebia, the shower of the future that reduces consumption by 70%.
Nebia is a shower system that divides the water into millions of tiny drops that spread over your body, like a spray bottle. With Nebia the water covers a surface 10 times greater than a conventional shower.
23. Mixer taps.
We also recommend these taps that are controlled with a single key, eliminating the possibility of dripping when they are closed and, in addition, they make temperature regulation easier.
24. SECCO. Eco friendly dry toilet.
Secco is a toilet that does not use water or electricity and does not require the installation of pipes and its design has focused on offering the maximum possible comfort to users in such a way that they accept alternative solutions that eliminate the consumption of water in the bathrooms.
25. Altered: Nozzle achieves such an extreme reduction in consumption by atomising the liquid.
This invention of the Swedish company Altered is an adapter that is installed in the nozzle of the tap and, according to the manufacturer, allows us to save up to 98% of water.