Advantages Of Cooking With A Pressure Cooker

Sometimes the best inventions are in front of us and we are not able to recognize them because they have become a natural part of our lives. One of these cases is the pressure cooker, also known as the express cooker or, recently, the fast and super fast cooker.

Related: Wonderbag. The insulated bag that cooks food.

Although its widespread use can be dated to the second half of the 20th century, the first ideas about cooking at higher pressure date back to the 17th century. The pressure cooker is an airtight container for cooking that can reach pressures higher than atmospheric, by increasing the pressure of a liquid it also increases its boiling temperature, which in this case allows food to be cooked at higher temperatures. In the case of water, this boiling point can reach 119ºC, instead of the usual 100ºC.

When the food and water are heated inside the pot they start to generate steam that, not being able to escape, increases the pressure. Due to the increase in pressure and the higher temperature, the heat quickly penetrates the food and causes the cooking process to be faster and also less aggressive for the food.

Cooking at high temperatures has great benefits not only for you but also for the environment. We list the most important ones below.

  • You save time in the kitchen, which you can dedicate to other things. Cooking with the pressure cooker you allocate only 30% of the usual cooking time, with which you can use the remaining 70% for whatever you want.
  • Food preserves up to 50% more vitamins and minerals compared to cooking in a conventional pot.
  • The faster cooking also means that the food is tastier and juicier. This is especially recognizable when you steam potatoes and vegetables.
  • Cooking with a pressure cooker consumes less energy, since the cooking time decreases. The energy saving compared to the traditional pot ranges from 50% to 70%.
  • Cooking with a pressure cooker also saves water, since there is no loss of steam and everything remains inside.
  • Finally, saving energy will allow you to reduce your gas or electricity bill and your pocket will appreciate it.

As you can see, this is a fantastic invention. The following image graphically summarizes the main advantages associated with cooking with a pressure cooker.

'Advantage

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *