A 5-month-old dog, who fell on hot asphalt that spilled around a construction site in northern India, was finally miraculously saved in a 4-hour rescue operation.
Another story that moved us and with a happy ending was that of this other dog who was found on the brink of death, his story will not leave you indifferent.
Claire Abrams of the animal conservation group, Animal Aid Unlimited, says the association’s staff traveled to the city of Udaipur, Rajasthan, after receiving a phone call from a passerby. They found the dog immobile, her body stiffened unable to move, glued to the ground: “There was no way she could have survived on her own, without any help,” Abrams said.
Rescuers spent hours massaging a large amount of vegetable oil on the animal’s body to loosen the tar, avoiding the use of kerosene, due to its damaging effects on the skin. After about 4 hours, the aid workers were able to remove most of the sticky liquid from the dog, before taking it to the animal shelter. It took several days before he completely cleansed his body of tar.
On his first night upon arrival at the association’s home, Abrams says: “He was petrified and breathing hard.” The dog, now affectionately known as “Tar Baby,” has made a successful recovery and has also been vaccinated.
Based in Udaipur, Animal Aid Unlimited is home to large numbers of dogs, cows, donkeys, and pigs. They provide emergency assistance and shelter to street animals, in addition to responding to emergency calls as in this case.
Here the exciting video story, you will not be able to believe how the poor animal was and how lucky he was: