Through the website Wwwhat’s new we have access to a list of university courses in English and Spanish, online, free and of different subjects and disciplines. Among the more than 450 courses that are compiled starting this April, at ecoinventos we have selected those that we consider most related to the profile of our readers. I hope they are of interest to you:
- Introduction to the science of BIOmaterials – Polytechnic University of Madrid – 6 weeks. Analyzes the bases of materials science, and its application in the field of biomaterials.
- Introduction to electrical circuits. Galileo University – 5 weeks. Fundamentals of hardware design applied to circuits.
- Analysis of Transportation Systems. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile – 6 weeks. On the techniques used for the management, planning and evaluation of transport systems.
- Construction of Wood Structures in a traditional way. Polytechnic University of Madrid – 6 weeks. We will see how to work with wood for construction, using the traditional way.
- The seasons of the year and the weather. National Autonomous University of Mexico – 4 weeks. Analyze the factors that influence the seasons of the year.
- Solar Energy: Photovoltaic (PV) Systems. TUDelft – 11 weeks. We will see how to design a photovoltaic installation.
- Wind resources for renewable energies. École Polytechnique – 4 weeks. On the methodology and dynamics that are applied to estimate wind resources.
- Sustainability of Social-Ecological Systems: the Nexus between Water, Energy and Food. Autonomous University of Barcelona – 8 weeks. Debate on the potential of sustainable cities.
- Engineering: Building with Nature. TUDelft – 5 weeks. (English).
- Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities. Lund University – 5 weeks. (English).
- Ecosystem Services: a Method for Sustainable Development. University of Geneva – 5 weeks (English).
- Climate Change and Water in Mountains: A Global Concern. University of Geneva – 5 weeks (English).
- Simulation and modeling of natural processes. University of Geneva – 8 weeks (English).
- Our Earth: Its Climate, History, and Processes. University of Manchester – 5 weeks (English).
- Sustainable Agricultural Land Management. University of Florida – 8 weeks (English).
- Biosphere 2 Science for the Future of Our Planet. University of Arizona – 9 weeks (English).
- Our Earth’s Future. American Museum of Natural History – 5 weeks (English).
- Global Warming II: Create Your Own Models in Python. University of Chicago – 5 weeks (English).
- Educating about climate change. BID – 7 weeks. Discuss how educators can teach about climate change in an enjoyable way.
- Biomaterials, from concept to clinic. University of Vigo – 5 weeks. Analyzes the basic concepts of biomaterials, and their application in the medical sector.
- Agri-food safety. National Autonomous University of Mexico – 4 weeks. Analyzes different factors of agri-food security in the Americas.
- Climate Science and Policy. University of Queensland – 10 weeks. It analyzes different factors of climate change, its consequences and the policies that are needed to tackle the issue. (English).
- Ecosystems of California. University of California – 5 weeks (English).
- Online course on Bioconstruction.
- 14 Free online renewable energy courses.
- Basic carpentry course.
- Introduction to the cultivation of organic vegetables.
Note: To choose the free version of some of the courses, it is necessary to choose “Complete Course, No Certificate” or “Audit Course”.
Via: 450 free online university courses that start in April.