The ecological side of this world is represented in many ways. There is always an alternative to respect the planet and get what we need without jeopardizing its effectiveness. In this article, we will take a closer look at how to build green with the superadobe. Get to create a home where energy efficiency is the main thing.
The superadobe was created by Nader Khalili, an Iranian-born, adopted in California. He trained as an architect and at the age of 38, he decided to travel the deserts of Iran, where he was learning construction techniques.
Here then, it seemed the superadobe technique, which consists of the use of dry earth, to create the constructions. You just have to choose the land and start building the house with superadobe.
It has many advantages:
- Builds quickly.
- It does not need a lot of manpower.
- You don’t need specific training to build your house, you just need to know what shape you want it to have.
- It is very cheap to build green with the superadobe.
- It is resistant to hurricanes, tsunamis and earthquakes.
- It is a perfect insulator, so it allows you to keep cold and heat.
- Isolates from noise.
- It has unmatched stability.
- It does not use expensive materials.
- It does not produce waste.
- Increase the energy efficiency of the home.
- You can design it to your liking, quickly and efficiently, even as the walls go up.
How to build green with the superadobe.
Now that we know what the superadobe technique is and see how efficient it is, we have to figure out how to build ecologically with the superadobe.
- You need to have stable ground where you can build.
- The area that you are going to use in the house is excavated, to implant the base.
- Then, cloth sacks are used that are filled with sand. These will be the bricks.
- They are stacked and tied to each other so that they are fixed.
- The shape, the edges and the windows begin to be designed, leaving the holes for them.
- As you go up, the structure is closed, with the same bags.
- When the structure is made, it is covered with a mixture of sand and water, in such a way that it creates a very dense mud that can be applied on the bags to cover them and to cover the gaps.
- That same mixture is used to cover the floor, shape the window frames, create a porch … It is a very solid mixture, when it hardens.
- As we place this kind of cement, we can decorate it with stones or shells.
- It only remains to dry and sand it, to have everything polished and well designed
According to Nader Khalili, ” a small superadobe house can be made in one or two days, if three people participate, and without knowing how to do it “
Thanks to the superadobe, we can make a construction call home. Without a doubt, discovering how to build green with the superadobe opens many eyes and many minds. Energy efficiency is not in the hands of large factories, but in the hands of a builder. The hands are the only tools here and can be felt in each of the structures made with superadobe.
Images: Vergara House.
- A green roof naturally cools a bioclimatic mosque in Indonesia
- Australia’s groundbreaking “bubble house” for sale
- This skyscraper will be one of the largest parks in Brisbane with 1,000 trees and 20,000 plants
- eCossiol, an ideal pot to make a green roof
- Unused rooftops at the University transformed into impressive urban organic gardens