A can, sandpaper and a drill with the appropriate bit is all you will need to be able to make your own homemade grater. As you can see in the video tutorial, this project is very easy to do.
The instructions are very simple. We will mark the can to pierce one of its sides, the holes will depend on the use that we are going to give it. In any case, in the same can we can make different rows of holes of different radius, so that we will have a multipurpose grater.
The materials to use.
- A metal can that is taller than it is wide.
- You also need a drill.
- And finally, a drill bit or more of the hole size (s) you want.
How to make the grater.
- First clean the can of any food residue.
- If you want to make a single row of the same size the holes, mark the can in the desired place.
- You should make vertical lines along the can, 6 lines at a distance of 1 cm is ideal.
- If you want to make holes of different sizes, you can make several rows of one size on one side of the can and others on the opposite side with another size of drill bit.
- Then draw horizontal lines 1 cm apart and where the two lines meet, open the holes with the drill bit.
- The holes must be in a row both vertically and horizontally.
- Once these are done, then proceed to sand the holes on the inside of the can.
- Then wash the can very well to remove residue.
- Also use the back of the bit to insert your hand into each hole and make the hole pop out a little. This will allow you to grate whatever you want.
- Wash the can again, dry it and you already have a homemade grater, very original.
If you want to have a multifunctional grater, you can follow these steps on different sides of the can, opening holes of different sizes and in this way you will obtain grated foods of different thicknesses.
A practical and very easy to carry out idea that can solve a need in your kitchen, while recycling those metal cans.
- Sodium bicarbonate. One thousand and one profits
- How to make roof tiles with aluminum cans
- How to make a bed for your dog with pallets
- How to make a greenhouse step by step
- Avocado: how to plant its pit?