If you’ve ever dreamed of living independently and owning the food you eat, a home greenhouse can be a great step towards that goal. Having your own vegetables, homegrown, is undoubtedly the best way to control what you eat, to know that the food in your home is as natural as you want it to be.
And thinking that you can make your own greenhouse to grow your own food by investing only $50 makes it incredible! But for this you will have to recycle and reuse many of the materials to be used. If this option does not convince you, we suggest another which is to build a greenhouse with a wooden structure.
Here you will discover how to make a greenhouse in a simple way.
The design that we propose is offered to us free of charge on this website, where you can find very complete instructions to be able to make a step-by-step greenhouse of about 15 square meters, but which can be adapted to make it larger depending on the space that your garden allows.
The main materials to build your own greenhouse will be wood from pallets, you will have to start storing pallets in advance, bamboo poles, nails and greenhouse plastic.
How to make a Homemade Greenhouse for $45.
You will have to start by cleaning the area where you are going to install it. We will make a trench along the entire contour of the terrain that we have chosen. It should be about 40 cm since it must hold a pallet vertically. We must join pallet with pallet to give the structure robustness. We can use some pallet boards and some suitable nails. Once the pallet structure is achieved, the idea is to have a central wooden “beam” where the canes that we will take from the sides will pass. After that, all that remains is to place the plastic and secure the assembly.
In the video you have the complete instructions:
Advantages of greenhouses.
- It intensifies production : they establish good conditions for the development of our plants, due to the isolation from the outside.
- Yield increases: it is increased 2 to 3 times compared to the open field, in hydroponic crops it can be 10 times.
- Fewer problems : protecting crops minimizes climate damage.
- Saving water : drip irrigation is normally used in greenhouses, which constitutes a great saving in irrigation.
- Better control of pests and diseases : its tightness is key to good control of pests and diseases.
- We can grow all year round : Climate control inside the greenhouse allows us to grow all year round without problems.