Today we are going to learn how we can make a homemade toy solar car ourselves. An ideal craft to do with the little ones in the house. In addition, most of the materials that we will use will be recycled.
The basis of the project will be a plastic bottle, which together with bottle caps, glue, skewer sticks, a motor for a floppy drive and a small 5 V solar panel, will make us have a good time and be able to build our own car solar.
Children can learn more than you can imagine with these projects. Cheer up!
The materials to use
This car is made almost entirely with recycled materials.
- To start you need a plastic bottle of sweetener.
- Also two skewer sticks
- Also a 5 or 6 volt solar panel.
- 4 plastic bottle caps are also needed
- Silicone gun, a soldering iron
- Finally a CD motor that is no longer used.
If you want to make this solar toy car, you just need to look for some materials, and follow our step by step.
- The first thing is to remove the motor from the CD player, the drive belt and the gear.
To make the transmission system of the car.
- You must also bear in mind that the motor that you are going to remove is the one that is responsible for opening the CD reader tray.
- After removing the belt, motor and gear, the next step is to solder two wires to the motor.
- Then you must solder the cables to the solar panel.
- Next, cut the skewer sticks to the size needed to hold the wheels.
- The next step is to open a hole in the center of each lid with a soldering iron.
- Then using the same soldering iron, open two holes in the bottle at the front.
- Once the holes are open, pass the skewer stick through them and stick a lid on each side as a wheel.
- Then put some silicone as a stopper, that does not allow the toothpick to roll.
With this we already have the front end of the car.
- Now to assemble the rear axle, it is a bit more complex.
Glue a cap to the wheel then open the holes in the back of the bottle.
- Punch a hole in the back of the bottle to fit the pulley and belt.
Then put the other wheel.
- Now at the top you must make a hole to hold the solar panel and you will make another hole under the wheel to insert the motor under pressure.
- Finally, take the belt from the shaft to the motor, check the movement and decorate the car to your liking.
- How to make a puff with used tires
- DIY Project: How to Make a Cardboard Parabolic Solar Cooker
- How to make a homemade USB solar charger
- How to make an air conditioning “device” with a tetrabrik
- Take Action: The Maker Movement Boom