With this home electric generator you won’t be able to run all the appliances in your home, but you can easily turn on a couple of LED bulbs. It is an interesting project, do not stop trying it.
Home electric generator.
Whether as an experiment for the little ones or to turn on a couple of LED bulbs when you don’t have a flashlight at hand, this generator is a project worth doing, we will tell you how to do it.
The materials to use.
- The first thing you need is a cardboard or wooden square.
- You also need to have 2 CDs.
- Also a ruler, cutter, scissors, marker, compass, an elastic band.
- You will also need a skewer stick and a large paddle.
- To finalize an electric motor with a pulley from a CD or DVD reader.
- To start you must make a circumference in the cardboard using the compass, which is smaller than the CD.
- Cut out the circumference and then glue it to one of the CDs using enough silicone and making sure it is centered.
- Then place the other CD sticking it around the circumference.
- Pierce in the center of the CD now with the skewer stick.
- Then make a rectangular base with the cardboard for the pulley.
- Next, draw a trapezoid of a height that does not allow the pulley to touch the base. Using the first drawing, make four trapezoids out of the cardboard and cut them out.
- Then glue the trapezoids with silicone two by two and pierce the center of the top with the skewer stick.
- The next step is to insert the skewer stick in the center of the CD and fix it 3 fingers from it with silicone.
- The next step is to glue the trapezoid to the cardboard base, then place the rubber band and proceed to place the pulley made with CDS. Finally, place the other trapezoid 3 fingers apart. Reinforce them with a piece of cardboard
- Cut the skewer stick to 4 fingers leaving the excess to make the crank arm, then cut the popsicle to a size that does not rub against the base. Open two holes, put a piece of stick in a hole with silicone and the other hole, insert the crank.
How to make the motor
- To finish, glue the electric motor to the base, and put the band around the pulley and the motor.
- Then open the legs of the LEDs, connect the negative leg of one to the positive leg of the other, and place the motor leads at the connection points of the LEDs.
- Then glue the LEDs to the base and test your electric generator.