How to make armchairs with repurposed barrels. Image: VPales Shutterstock
A very original project, with which you can make a set of armchairs using barrels. It will be something new, made by you and that your friends will love. Do you dare?
If you have a bit of agility with the use of tools, you are good at DIY, you will love this project, we will explain step by step how to make spectacular armchairs with barrels.
How to make armchairs with barrels.
To carry out this project you have to dedicate a little time. But they are so cute and useful that it will be worth doing. Now, read on and learn how to make armchairs by reusing barrels.
- The first thing you should have are the barrels you are going to use.
- You should also have some tools like a cutter and an emery board.
- White background, also paint the color you want your chair.
- Also, you need rubber for the edges.
- Finally, wood for the armchair support and the cushion base.
Armchairs with recycled barrels. Image: VPales Shutterstock
- To start, make sure the kegs are in perfect condition.
- Measure in the center to the first turn of the barrel.
- then draw the shape of the armchair.
- Next, cut with the emery leaving the back of the chair.
- Once cut, the next thing is to run the emery board around the edges to sand them.
- then sand the rest of the drum so you can paint it.
- The next step is to paint the barrel with a white background.
- After drying, proceed to paint the exterior with the chosen color.
- Wait for it to dry and then tape the edge to protect while you paint the inside.
- You should also wait a few minutes after painting inside the barrel.
- The next step, after drying, is to place the rubber on the edges for a better finish.
- Cut two rectangles of wood to measure the bottom of the barrel. Make an opening in the middle where you can fit both in a cross shape.
- Fit both pieces and place them inside the barrel, as a base.
- Next, cut a wooden circle the dimensions of the barrel.
- After having the circle, place a foam rubber and upholster with fabric or leather to make the cushion.
- Now, insert the base into the drum and place the cushion on it.
- Finally, make a small, thinner cushion to place on the back of the chair.
You already have your armchair finished, you can make a set of armchairs, repeating the steps.
- How to make a puff with used tires
- DIY Project: How to Make a Cardboard Parabolic Solar Cooker
- How to make a homemade USB solar charger
- How to make an air conditioning “device” with a tetrabrik
- Take Action: The Maker Movement Boom