The Solatube natural lighting system captures light through a ceiling dome and channels it down through a proprietary internal reflective system. The tube fits between the joists and is easily installed without structural modifications.
Solatube is a high-performance natural lighting system. Among its advantages we can highlight: maximum use of natural light without entering heat or losses due to cold, as well as the elimination of UV radiation harmful to the skin or for the maintenance of the original colors.
With Solatube you can introduce natural light in almost any place, you just have to be careful with the distance between the place to be illuminated and the roof, maximum 12 meters approximately depending on the square meters to be illuminated and the type of model that you want to install , so that several floors can be crossed.
A light fixture is installed inside the equipment without affecting its performance, so that the luminaire can be operational both during the day and at night. It does not require any maintenance.
The energy saving in the lighting of this system is obvious, the lighting during sunny hours is free and for the entire useful life of the installation, the company estimates an average return on investment of 5 years.
- Through the Dome the sunlight is collected in the 360º of it.
- By means of the reflectivity of the tube (higher than 99%) it transmits practically all of the light that it collects through the tube to the diffuser.
- The diffuser homogeneously distributes the light from the tube, inside the room to be illuminated.
- It allows the saving of electrical energy.
- Installs in an average of three hours, with no structural modifications to the roof.
- It has a 10-year warranty.
- It does not need maintenance.
- Minimal outside temperature transfer.
- Filters UV rays.
- Total waterproofing.
- No heat transfer to the interior of the house or premises.
- Activate the mood. It is ideal to reduce symptoms in people with a tendency to melancholy.
- Homes (bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms, hallways, living rooms, stairwells …).
- Business and commercial premises.
- Industrial ships.
Examples of Solatube installations.
Solatube can be applied to different types of rooms, both domestic and commercial or business.
The electrical savings of using this type of product is more than evident, in places where the use of artificial light is permanent, considerable savings can be obtained.
More information: Solatube.