Two Argentine entrepreneurs, Guillermo Gebhart and Iván Gebhart, are responsible for Voltú, an electric motorcycle brand that wants to conquer the world.
Back in 2010, Guillermo Gebhart began to develop the idea of designing an electric motorcycle. What began as a project to develop technology for electric vehicles, became years later a project to design and manufacture electric motorcycles. Their first intention was to manufacture an electric motorcycle for the Argentine market, but they soon realized that its design was competitive worldwide, in a market that is currently developing what will be the electric mobility of the future.
Its technical characteristics include:
- Accelerates from 0 to 100 km / h in less than 3.9 seconds.
- 90 HP motor with a maximum torque of 200 Nm (5100 RPM).
- Maximum speed: 180 km / h, with electronic limitation.
- Autonomy: 250 km.
- 16.4 kWh lithium-ion battery, (> 1800 individual batteries). 80% of the charge is obtained in 40 minutes. The battery life is 500,000 km.
- Led lights.
- Communication system that includes GPS, Bluetooth and 4G mobile connection.
- Keyless, ignition via code.
- 7 inch touch screen with Android.
- It incorporates both front and rear cameras.
They are currently finishing the final prototype. Then they will have to approve it to sell it in the different markets. Its intention is to enter the US market.
The factory is located in Parana, Entre Ríos, Argentina. They have a production capacity of 1,000 motorcycles per year. We still have no news of its price.
More information: voltumotor.com