Image: Bobkov Evgeniy – Shutterstock.
Wheatgrass, also known as “wheatgrass” or wheat germinated, is that tender grass from said plantation, collected while it is still green, and has a wide nutritional content. Every day there are more followers to consume this natural product, as a source of nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
Properties of wheat grass.
Its composition is rich in minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, sodium and potassium. The alkaline nature of several of these components promotes a balance in the pH of the skin.
In addition to providing minerals, wheatgrass contains all the vitamins of the B complex, vitamin A, C and E and beta carotene. Chlorophyll is also abundant in the sprout, since it can reach up to 70% of this pigment in its composition.
As if that were not enough, it also contains amino acids (protein synthesizing elements) essential for humans. It is estimated that at least 19 amino acids make up wheatgrass.
In short: amino acids, minerals, vitamins and chlorophyll. All summarized in one place. A food with antioxidant characteristics, extremely nutritious, and also detoxifying thanks to its purifying components such as saponin.
Benefits of wheat grass.
- Purifies and detoxifies: The repeated consumption of wheat grass helps to cleanse our body of toxins. Wheat grass is also especially good at purifying organs such as the kidneys and liver.
- Good for your blood: Wheat sprouts are useful for controlling blood pressure, but its effect on the blood does not end there. In addition to improving circulation, sprouts are believed to help cleanse the sugars that are in the bloodstream, stabilizing their levels. Its positive effect on lipids and glucose makes it highly recommended for diets of people suffering from diabetes. It also helps to generate red blood cells and thus oxygenate our blood, due to chlorophyll. This is elementary in the face of conditions such as anemia.
- Balances body pH : The alkaline minerals contained in “wheatgrass” fight acidity caused by eating sugary and processed foods. This change facilitates the stability of the pH in our body.
- Benefits the skin : Wheatgrass nourishes and improves our skin, increasing its elasticity and smoothness while reducing wrinkles. In fact, it has been used as an acne treatment because it also helps to brighten and hydrate the face.
- Contributes to weight loss : With so many nutritional components, it is no wonder that a large number of diets include wheatgrass on the menu. This food provides energy to the body, in addition to its oxygenating properties that facilitate physical exercise. The essential enzymes contained in wheatgrass optimize the digestive process and also help to break down fats more quickly.
Don’t wait any longer and try for yourself the barrage of benefits that this totally natural food has. It can be consumed in capsules, in granules to add to liquids, or hydrated to drink directly.
Remember to check with your doctor whenever you make changes to your diet.